To make it up to you, I am posting my all time favorite pasta salad recipe. I am a little bit obsessed with it actually. It is light, tasty, and so easy I take it to a few more potlucks than I should. Using the marinade from the artichoke hearts ties the flavor together and decreases time spent making elaborate dressing. Win-win. So enjoy, and I will try my hardest to get something else delightful up here soon.
Artichoke Pasta Salad
Modified from allrecipes.com
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped if desired (save ½ of marinade for dressing)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted olives (green or kalamata)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh Basil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil; add pasta and boil until al dente. Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, artichokes, pepper tomatoes, olives, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic.
- Dressing: ½ of the artichoke marinade, vinegar and oil. Mix well then pour over salad.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Before serving, season the pasta dish with salt and pepper to taste.