|Skiing Snowmass with 14 inches of new snow|
Sweet Potato, Eggplant and Black Bean Tacos
Serves 4 hungry humans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small-medium sweet potato (I used a garnet yam), peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- Corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Chopped lettuce
- Heat oil over medium heat in large fry pan and add onion. Cook until translucent, then reduce heat to medium low and add honey and pinch of salt. Continue cooking until onion caramelizes, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes and eggplant, and return heat to medium. Sprinkle with cumin, paprika, black pepper and remaining salt. Cook, stirring frequently until potatoes and eggplant are both soft, about 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan heat beans over low heat in their juices.
- Remove the sweet potato mixture from the heat, and stir in lemon juice.
- Strain the beans and stir into the mix.
- Serve in warmed corn tortillas topped with cilantro, avocado and lettuce.