- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch (3-4 cups) spinach, stems removed
- 8-10 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed under a knife
- 2 6 ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ~1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
1. Heat olive oil over medium-low heat and add spinach and a pinch of salt. Sauté stirring frequently until leaves appear glossy, limp and feathery.
2. Add garlic and cook another minute or two to soften the raw taste, add artichoke hearts and allow to heat through (this lets the brine combine with the oil).
3. Transfer mixture to blender or food processor and add lemon juice, pulse 5 to 6 times until spinach is broken up a bit.
4. Add ½ cup yogurt and pulse 2 more times.
5. Transfer to bowl and mix well, add the rest of the yogurt until you have found a good spinach-yogurt balance (I say this because bunches of spinach are all different sizes). If you have about 3 ½ to 4 cups of spinach, 1 cup of yogurt should be perfect.
6. Serve immediately or at room temperature.