Adapted from allrecipes.com
· 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
· 1 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
· 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin (more to taste)
· ½ onion, diced
· ½ green pepper, diced
· 1 diced tomato
· 1 ½ cups chicken broth
· 1 ½ cups water
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with cumin.
2. Stir in garlic, green pepper and onion and cook until tender. Stir in tomato and add water and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is soft and has taken up liquid (35 minutes). Fluff with a fork.