|Prudence, Prudy for short|
Pumpkin Bread (or Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins)
· 1 cup walnuts (2 if making 2 loaves bread)
DIY pumpkin puree
1. Cut 1 pie pumpkin in half and remove seeds (either discard or save for roasting later)
2. Cover with foil and roast 1 hour in 375 degree oven.
3. Scoop into blender or food processor once cool enough to handle, and blend until smooth
4. Store ~1 week in refrigerator or freeze for use later.
1. Grease 2 bread pans with oil or cooking spray.
a. For easy removal: cut a piece of parchment paper the same size as the base of your bread pan, place over oil, and then re-coat with oil.
2. Combine all dry ingredients and sift together with whisk.
3. Combine pumpkin, oil and eggs.
4. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, stir until well combined.
5. Stir in walnuts (if using)
6. Split into 2 bread pans, or muffin tins.
7. Bake 50-65 minutes or until knife comes out clean in 325 degree oven (350 if at sea level).
8. Allow to cool prior to removing from pan.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
1. Fill muffin tins ¾ full with batter.
2. Scoop 1-2 tablespoons cream cheese into each muffin and press down gently.
3. Bake 20-25 minutes in a 325 degree oven (350 if at sea level)