|Flourless Chocolate Rum Cake for Birthday Celebrating|
Flaxseed & Pepita Granola
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried coconut flakes
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- ½ cup pepitas
- ¾ cup almonds, slivered or coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup melted butter or canola oil*
- Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees and adjust rack to top setting.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
3. Melt butter or heat oil over low heat in a small pan or large metal measuring cup, add honey and whisk until honey is melted and mixture is uniform.
4. Combine oats, coconut, flaxseeds, pepitas, almonds, brown rice flour and salt in a large bowl.
6. Spread ½ of the mixture onto each sheet and place on top rack in oven. If your oven is large enough you can do both at once on the top rack, otherwise wait for the first batch to finish before doing the other.