|Weekend of Camping and Biking in Crested Butte|
Adapted from Julia Child
- 1.5 pounds yukon gold or russet potatoes, peeled and sliced or diced
- 1.5 pounds leeks, chopped and including tender green
- 2 quarts vegetable stock, homemade preferred, no sodium
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
1. Add vegetables, stock and water to a large saucepan or stock pot and simmer partially covered for 40-50 minutes until potatoes are soft.*
|Mt Crested Butte, from our campsite|
3. Using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Alternatively you can just mash the vegetables with a fork. Other alternatives include a food mill or traditional blender in batches.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the butter by spoonfuls.
5. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
*Expect this to take ~25% longer at altitude.