- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1/2 medium onion, small dice
- 1 green bell pepper, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 teaspoon parsley or basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil or butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute stirring 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat and allow to slowly caramelize for 10-15 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and garlic and saute another 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Push vegetables over to one side increase heat back to medium. Pour eggs into pan and do not stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully begin incorporating the vegetables into the egg, making sure to fully remove the egg from the bottom of the pan.
- When eggs are soft set, sprinkle over the parsley and work into the mixture. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve alone or with toast.