Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Links: Summer Berries

Growing up a Northwest girl, I have a strong connection between summer and berries.  Beginning in June, we picked strawberries, then raspberries and logan berries, and finally blackberries and blueberries.  Early, middle and late summer was characterized by different varieties.  Now that I live in Colorado, there are virtually no local, fresh berries, and certainly none in my backyard.  However, I still long for summer berries, and I tend to go crazy when they are on sale (10 for $10 raspberries at the local market yesterday, I came home with 3 containers).  If you are so lucky to have berries nearby, rejoice.  Here are some tasty early summer strawberry recipes.  Happy weekend.

Aspen Highlands and Pyramid Peak from yesterday's ride
up to the top of Buttermilk
Fresh: Arugula Strawberry Salad
Traditional: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Gluten-Free: Browned Butter Strawberry Cake
Breakfast: Strawberries and Cream Biscuits
Liquid: Strawberry Basil Sangria

No comments:

Post a Comment