|Congrats Chelsea Rose|
This recipe feeds a crowd, and is perfect for a potluck dish. To make for a smaller group, I would cut it at least in half. The flavors are best if made 1-2 hours ahead of time. Saves for 2-3 days in the fridge. Enjoy, and have a lovely week.
Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, soaked and cooked (or 1 (15 ounce) can drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Juice of 3 limes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine quinoa and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered 15-20 minutes until all water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to sit 10 minutes covered. Transfer to large baking sheet to cool (at least 20 minutes).
- Combine peppers, tomato, black beans, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add cooled quinoa and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl combine lime juice, olive oil, cumin, paprika, coriander and chili powder. Whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir until evenly coated.
- Add salt and pepper as desired, be sure to taste first if using canned beans.
- Transfer to refrigerator and chill before serving.