Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Links: Resolutions and Recipes

Photo Credit
Oh resolutions.  Last year I resolved to bake more cake, which I did.  I am not a fan of the "eat healthier" or "lose weight" brand of resolutions.  However, I do find that January is often a time where my body needs a cleanse.  I am not talking about the only drink smoothies kind of cleanse, but rather just a fresh start to the year filled with winter greens, hearty grains and low in saturated fats and meats.  Just taking how we usually eat and amping up the greens.  Today's links are resolution friendly and tasty.

Eat more dark, leafy greens: Kale and Chickpea Salad, and 14 other kale recipes
Be more creative with vegetarian cooking: Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes
Include winter squash in your diet: Butternut Squash and Shiitake Ragu
Lower your calorie intake (without being hungry): Spiced Lentil Soup with Coconut Milk
Cleanse the right way: Bon Appetit's Food Lovers Cleanse

In other news, we spent last weekend at the Ouray Ice Climbing Festival.  Here are a few pics:

Me
Kenz
Hiking In (Ed and Mike in Front)
The Competition


No comments:

Post a Comment