|Monty, our tree in Aspen|
Fresh Oyster Shooters
Mixed Seafood Risotto (squid, scallops, shrimp)
Calamari stuffed with Geoduck Clams
Eggplant and Tomato Ragu
- 2 quarts chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 shallots, small dice
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of rosemary, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Heat stock to a simmer in a large saucepan, and continue to simmer over medium-low heat
- Heat a dutch oven or other large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and 1 tbs butter and allow to heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add shallots and saute until soft, 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Stir in rice and cook until translucent, 2 minutes.
- Pour wine over mixture and stir until evaporated.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of stock and stir. Simmer until absorbed.
- Continue to add stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and adding more liquid when the previous is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking whisk together egg yolk, cream, and lemon zest.
- Continue until rice is al dente (soft with a little bit of a bite), you may not need all of the stock.
- Stir in egg/zest mixture, rosemary, remaining butter and lemon juice. Cover and allow to sit 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with freshly ground black pepper and Parmesan cheese.